Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday, February 3, 2014

Miedo de agua?
(Fear of water?)

Hahaha alrighty.... so... this week was pretty good. Ya know... just getting into some contacting, some more justin bieber jokes (will they ever leave? ;D some birthday joy, and a baptism. yeah thats just bout it.

So here in the south east mission we have been asked not to contact people for any reason what so ever. but over the last few months our idea of that we will "work with the members" has gone down the drain. So they just have introduced how we need to be contacting people again. And... i'm not going to lie. Its kinda scary. But yeah so... we have been dropping in the amount of new investigators that we have every week so when we picked up contacting was pretty freakin' sick cuz we have just turned it into kind of a game. Like one of the people that we contacted we just walked up to them and said. "Hi we are missionaries and we are here to show you how you can have a better relationship with your family and to baptize you. We would like to pass by your house tomorrow at 5 is that good?" he said yes and we just have to work out some marriage issues and he is ready to be dipped. hahah yeah.. but contacting is the way to go ladies and gents. (i'm not saying that you should just go up and declare that you are going to baptize people... it was just kinda cool that it worked in this occasion.)


and... i really don't want to focus to much on the whole justin bieber and ken hunka junk that has been flowin' around cuz.. yeah... it ridiculous. but... so i was going to go on divisions with the new son of the district leader and right before we started our divisions he was telling me about a lady in his ward that we were going to eat with tomorrow that cant move one hand and really spends every bit of money that she earns to make sure that the missionaries eat well. (i'm not kidding... it kills me at how humble and how much the people here put their faith in the Lord. Because i thought that i had faith before i came on the mission and that i was going to come here to find people and change their lives... but now that i have been here i can only see just how freakin' wrong i was. the amount of humility here and the amount of pure knowledge that these people have about the book of mormon and the bible blows me away. Every time i enter a lesson I know that i should not be the one doing the talking because these people are studying doctrine more profound than i have ever even tried to think about. but... yeah all in all... these people have the same amount of testimony that i had before my mission in their fingernail clippings. :D) and this lady cooks the best food that i have ever eaten in my whole life. (mom... i love ya... but... this lady can cook pretty darn good:D:D) but when my DL told every person that we were going to go visit that JB was going to be coming this friday... yeah... i still cant believe that he said that... but ya know.. whateva.  (great... this joke is just not going to die down...) and so i went working with the new kid who just came and we did pretty freakin' good for the day but when we came to the food the lady was just flippin' bricks. Like for the first 10 minutes that we were in her house i just had to keep telling her that i was just a missionary and i am not justin bieber and.. clearly i ask her if there was anything that she needed help with to prepare lunch. but yeah.. so after she had calmed down a bit we helped her prepare what was left to prepare for lunch and man... it was so freakin' good.. i don't know if it was just the pure love that the food was made of or... or... yeah.. who knows.. but this lady is the nicest person that i have ever met. and yeah.. that was kinda a lame story.. but.. yeah.. 

and to tie into the story of my day with the new kid was the day that i got a call from the other missionaries in our  ward and i receive this call right as we were at the church just about to end our divisions. And when i picked up he tells me that i better  get ready for tomorrow because i am going to be baptizing someone. and i told him that he must be mistaken because i don't have a baptism planned until the 22nd of february. and he just said to me again that i better be ready that i am going to be baptizing someone tomorrow. I honestly am thinking that he is just yanking my chain. so i tell him. so if i call our DL i am going to hear the same thing that you just told me? (thinking that was just a fantastic way to answer this whole joke that is being played on me right now) but.. he tells me. Yeah. you will hear the same thing that i just told you. and so.. in this moment i'm a little confused of how i could baptize someone tomorrow. so i call our DL and i hear the exact same thing that i was just told... So i just told our DL that i really want to hear this in person. So when he showed up with my comp i asked him again is this really happening? and he told me that yeah he just got done with the interview of the young man that is going to be baptized tomorrow and when he got done our DL asked him who he wants to baptize him and he said "elder Anderson" and that sure was a shocker. because my DL asked him if he has ever met me, seen me, or even heard of me, and he said no. and i really don't know why they didn't just tell him that one of the other missionaries were going to baptize him but... yeah they just continued with this and told me that i was going to baptize him. 
and so when it came to the day of the baptism i met the kid that i was going to baptize and he was really cool and we got to the part of where we left the room to go around to the entrance of the baptismal font he told me that he was deathly scared of water. and i just told him that he didn't need to worry. and we did a quick practice right there of what was going to happen and i told him that this is why i exercise everyday so that you don't need to have fear of the water and just can grab on to me (that kinda lightened the mood for him but.. not quite enough) it took me like 5 minutes to guide him down the stairs into the font and once i finished the prayer i started to put him under and he flipped out and broke away from me and ran to the stairs of the font. and just sat there and said that he could not do it. So i just sat next to him for like 10 minutes and just had my arm around him telling him that he could do it and that all he needed to do is put his faith in God and know that everything would be all good. and that after I had finished the prayer that all he needed to do is squeeze my arm as hard as he could and he would be out before he knew it. and so after a few more minutes and words of encouragement he got back into the baptismal font and i said the prayer again and after i finished i told him that he just needed to squeeze my arm. (oh and let me tell you that this kid had a freakin' grip!!! I thought that he bruised my arm or something) and i put that kid under faster than a (insert something really fast here) and pulled him out as fast as i could but still making sure that i didn't have to do the ordinance again. and after that he was a little shell shaken but i just continually congratulated him (how ever in the world you can spell congratulated) and after the end of the service he just came up to me and told me that he was grateful for me to help him over come his fear of water and that he was able to move forward with his baptism. yeah so that was a fun good  experience. :D 

and well.. this was a unexpected surprise. So one family invited me and my comp and Elder Greenwood and his comp to their house for an "activity" and when we showed up they had lunch prepared for us and yeah it was pretty sick. they had a cake with my name and my comp (cuz his birthday was 2 days ago and mine was like a 2 weeks ago) and then after that they had a piƱata for us! haha and here are some of the pictures. 

but.. yeah.. that was my week:D:D i don't really know how to describe these things better but.. yeah. :D:D:D Peace. 





No comments:

Post a Comment