Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday, October 6, 2014

This week some pretty good ol stuff happened. We did have the wonderful opportunity to help 3 people make some covenants. And some jolly joy at general conference. So I would first like to explain about the baptisms this week. The first two youngsters got baptized this last Tuesday and i do have to say that this baptism was probably one of the most funnest (is a word in English?) baptisms that I have ever be in attendance. Just because for this baptism we got the whole ward there and all the youth made like posters for the two that were getting baptized n... Yeah it was a blast. But with the actual ordinance was kinda interesting. The younger sister went in there and the cousin did the ordinance and she was out.  But when the older brother when in there so that he could be baptized it was a little bit more interesting if you ask me. Because right before every baptism I always promise the people that they just have to relax and everything will be alright. But when this youngster got in the water and his cousin did the prayer and started to put him underneath the water and he decided to throw his hand out of the water and then he cousin pulled him back out so he never went all the way under. And the next time he was almost under and he threw his leg up and out. So yet again we went back to the repetition. And for the next 3 times and the child just could not get his elbow underneath the water . But like they always teach us. Perseverance is the KEY! And so we got him underneath the water and he left a happy reciĆ©n baptized  child of God. But... That is the experience that I wanted to share about this baptism.

Hahaha ok. So this next baptism that I would like to talk about is another joven. But the funny thing about this baptism would have to be that after the others earlier in the week that the church ran out of gas... Yes i know... Here in Mexico your gas runs out?!?! Yes why yes it does. So during general conference we filled up the baptismal font and the bishop bought 4 electric heaters that we put in the water. And those babies were there in the baptismal font for 3 hours and let me tell you when I stepped into the water all I thought was... Goodness gracious I'm sure glad it's not me that's going underneath the water:D and I turned behind and told her that it's not that cold and she kinda got angry at me when she stepped in. Haha that look on her face as she stepped in was priceless. But we finished up the ordinance  and it will an experience that she will probably never forget. And after we got out I told her it was probably as cold as the canal over in chimalhuacan. (But there are quite a few big differences between the two. Because in the baptismal font they don't throw dead people into.) but those were the baptismal stories that we got from this week.

And the next two stories that happened were probably the weirdest and one of the funniest things that have happened here down in the ghetto.

The first one is when me and my comp we were coming home from the priesthood session In the stake center and everything was awesome because general conference are the only times of the year that we get to rest Saturday Sunday and Monday and pretty much it is a fiesta and a half for the mish dish down here in the pish of the posh.  And so we were walking in the streets of Mexico and we were almost to our house and all of the sudden this girl about of like fifteen or sixteen like came up right in front of me and just started talking to us. Her and her buddies just started chattin with us and I noticed that one of her buds had a huge star cut into his head and I told him that it was a pretty freakin dope star that he had there and the girl right I front of me was like "I can cut a star into your hair if you want" and I was like... "Hmmm... Tempting... I'm good but thanks though haha " and then I told them that we had to run to our house cuz it was time for us to be in. And then she asked me " could you accompany me to my house right now?" And I told her "nah we really have to go right now" and she just kept insisting and I just finally told her that we were going to peace out. And yeah we peaced out of that situation and got home nice safe n snug. Hahah the funny stuff that happens in the streets of the ghetto at night.

 And then the absolute funniest thing that happened this last week would be during the Sunday session of general conference. And usually if you guys can imagine every general conference that all the Americans go into another room with another computer so that we can watch the conference in English and just enjoy a little bit of the good ol red white n blue. And we had the wonderful opportunity to watch the first 4 sessions in English and now it all came down to the last Sunday session. And so we arrived after the food and were preparing to watch yet another fantastic session of the conference and all of the sudden we find out that there will be no wifi.... WHAT!? No wifi? And as my brain calculated over what that meant it hit me... No general conference in English... That just couldn't be. And so we just kept trying and trying and trying to get the computer to connect to some other internet so that we could watch the conference in the wonderful language of English. And after all of our hard efforts we well... Had to accept defeat.. And so we walked back over to the room where the stake was watching the Spanish translation of conference. So as my comp, my DL , and I were sitting in the room listening to the speakers talk it occurred to us that... If we turn on the modem for the other side of the church we can watch the conference in ENGLISH! What a great idea that was. So we head back over to the other side of the church and find the modem. We found the little stinker on the curling And it was flashing red. And putting all of out brains together we decided so that every one could help out so that we could get this modem up and running as fast as possible that my comp would lift up my DL so that he could reset the modem and I would take the hard job of standing by and supervising. ( I know I know I like to take one for the team) and now this is when the story gets interesting because we were trying to get the modem on and right in that moment our stake president walks around the corner. And if you can only imagine the sight that he saw. That an elder up by the modem hitting it around a little bit with another big red headed elder holding him up and another elder standing by the side not advising them that of which they were doing was absolutely dumb and strange but he was there encouraging them on. And that is when he gave us THE LOOK and asked us what in the world we were doing. And we told him exactly what we were doing. " we are trying to turn on the modem so that we can watch the conference in English " (and you have to understand that our stake president is a very VERY serious man and he scares me quite a bit) and when we told him that he just continued to stare at us with disapproval and it just made me think. It's because he has never had the true joy experience to watch conference in English that is why he is not helping us right now to reset the modem. But.... With that he told us that there would not be internet over here for this last session of conference.... And with those piercing horrible words he destroyed our last chances to hear conference in English. And so.... We walked back into the other room and finished the last part of the session of conference in Spanish. It was good. But it's just not the same.













No comments:

Post a Comment